Sunday, June 15, 2008

A conversation between Daddy & Daughter

Yesterday morning I asked Madalyn if she would like toast for breakfast, which sounds like "toes" in her vocabulary. She shook her head yes and so I told her to go ask Daddy if he would get her some. I'm in the other room and so I hear him getting out the cinnamon bread and I hear him take it over to the toaster. The whole time he's doing this, he is narrating his every action to Madalyn and explaining all about the toaster and how it turns bread to "toes". Here's the conversation I heard from the other room:

(Side note: Above our toaster is a rack with a lot of our coffee mug collection on it. There were two mugs in the front the their conversation revolved around - one with a baby picture of Madalyn and the other had a puppy on it.)

Mady: "puppy!"
Daddy: "yep, that's a picture of a puppy."
Mady: "baby!"
Daddy: "yep, that's a picture of you when you were a baby."
Mady: "yoooou... "(drawn out)
Daddy: "no, it's not me, it's you."
Mady: (out of nowhere) "That's Me!"

I had to come out from the other room to see if I had really heard her say that. I was so surprised. I never, in a million years, imagined that she would say that! I guess it is true that kids know a lot more than we parents think!!!!!

No comments: