Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY DADDY'S DAY!!!!

At our house this morning it was "Happy Daddy's Day" as that was easier for Mady to say than "Father's." Madalyn was so excited to give Daddy his gift and she was showering him with hugs and kisses! She doesn't realize what today is by any means but any person can definitely tell that she loves her Daddy. I was just telling Mark the other day that she is really starting to hit that point where she wants to be held and loved by Daddy as much as she reaches for Mommy. When kids are younger they tend to go for mom first especially if the moms are at home with them all day every day. Mady now asks for Daddy at least 10 times each day and if she sees anything that belongs to him around the house (i.e. shoes, watch, etc) she's quick to get on a "Daddy? Daddy? Daddy?" kick. She loves him so much and it's really fun to watch her express that love. I love to see her run across the room to greet him when when he gets home from work.... She waits at the window while he's pulling in the driveway and then once he opens the door she bolts to the kitchen... I love to listen to them praying and talking before bed.... I love to hear her ask in that sweet little voice for "Dad-dee"... I love to watch them play together.... I love to see what she comes out of her bedroom wearing after Daddy dresses her (ha!)... I love to watch them sit outside together when Dad is grilling out... I love to just plain watch them together!

I love it that Mark is such an amazing Dad. I'm so blessed that he loves God, he loves me, and he loves our daughter with such an intensity!

You are amazing, Dad! We love you with all of our hearts! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!

No comments: