Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sledding Fun

The past couple of times that it's snowed, our family has taken advantage of the hill out back introducing Mady to sledding. She LOVES it. I think Mark and I end up more worn out as we have to pretty much carry her back up the hill (if we don't want to be out there forever).

A little ways down, on the east side of our house, is I-72. The hill we were sledding down is on the side of the overpass and so much fun (and completely safe - there's no way we can sled onto the interstate!). It's a decent hill with a big field at the bottom so there's lots of room. The first time that we went (a few weeks ago), there were some other kids out there but today it was just us... and lots of fresh, un-touched snow!

Here are some pictures from the last couple of times that we've been.
This isn't exactly of her sledding but I LOVE this photo. There's something about the way the light is hitting her face that makes it a super neat photo!
This was the snow we got in December. Not a huge amount but enough to get the sled out.
Having a ball!
Mady was brave enough to go on her own! She kept saying, "Again, Again, Again!"
Enjoying some hot cocoa after the first sledding adventures
This was today. After a few times down the hill, this is how Mark started getting Mady to the top again. I carried her a couple of times and Mark even put her on his back. This seemed to work the best.
Yeah, I admit... I was a little nervous at first, but I ended up having as much fun as Mady did!
Mark making snow angels... ah, isn't he so cute. Ha!

No comments: