Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Welcome back, Bettinger Family

I haven't blogged in ages! A lot has happened since the last time I posted... one of my favorite things being the twins' FIRST birthday party! I can't believe we made it to a year!!! We celebrated with family and of course lots of birthday cake! The babes LOVED their cake and ate almost the entire thing!! Even Mady had a mini-cake her with name on it! Thanks to my mom for making the cakes.

The babes are doing well. At their 1 year appt, their weights came in at 15lbs and 17lbs... Hannah being the bigger of the two. Doc decided to keep them on formula another 3 months and see how their weights go over the next couple of months. Hannah is on the growth charts but my little man isn't quite yet... It's okay though! I know he'll make it soon! Doc gave us the go ahead to feed them whatever I want to feed them so currently their favorite thing is Peanut Butter sandwich (easy, good, and a good source of protein for weight gain). Doc did draw blood from both of them to make sure there weren't any other underlying issues with thyroid, for example, among other things that would be making them small. He's not super concerned but the next appt we have at 15months will tell alot! Please pray for my little man especially... that he's able to put on some pounds in the next couple of months! Otherwise, they are happy and healthy... an ornery! Just today I found Hannah sitting on the door to the dishwasher. Guess I won't be leaving that down anymore! Sam can climb stairs so we have to be careful about those! Oh the joys that I wouldn't trade in for anything!!!

After their birthdays came what felt like a month of sickness. Both babes had croupe. Mady had the flu. Mark was sick with something and I had a positive strep test followed by a week of a horrible cold or something to that effect. I finally think everyone is starting to feel better! Thank you Jesus!

I'm hoping to get back in the rhythm of blogging. Life has just been crazy. I'll leave you with a few photos though...
It is extremely hard to get 3 kiddos to look at the camera... not to mention getting Dad to do the same!
Before the mess...
About half way through - Sam needed a little break :)
Mady learning to use her new skates
Mommy and her cute munchkins on Mother's Day! I love dressing the girls alike! I'm so blessed!

1 comment:

Katie T. said...

Mark's kids ornery?! No, can't believe that. ; ) Happy birthday to the twins. Your fam looks great! Miss you guys so much!