Monday, March 24, 2008

A Bettinger Family Easter Celebration!



Did you know that Easter this year is the earliest that it has been since 1913? The last time that it occurred on March 23 was 95 years ago!!! And did you also know that none of us alive today will be around to see it happen again... The next time Easter Sunday will come so early will be in March 2228!! Crazy huh?

Yesterday we had a wonderful Easter Celebration with family. We started off our Easter Sunday by worshiping at church. Mark was in the small drama during the service so we got to giggle at him a bit :) He did great though! Then we heard a wonderful message on the resurrection and the HOPE that we can find in it. I was deeply moved and encouraged by the message.

Then is was off to my house to eat dinner. Mark and I had invited both of our families to our house this year to have Easter dinner. I cooked a non-traditional Easter dinner consisting of:

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes, with gravy
Salad with homemade poppyseed dressing
Homemade whole wheat dinner rolls
Corn
Dessert - brownies with strawberries on top, whipped cream, ice cream and chocolate syrup - yep, it was all fat free too ! ha!

It was really fun to make dinner for everyone! The last time I made a big meal like that was Thanksgiving. I kinda like cooking for big groups :)

Madalyn looked super cute in her Easter dress if I may say so myself! I had gotten some plastic eggs to hide for her but considering it was snowing when we came out of church, we nixed that idea! She played with the eggs inside. Grandma got her an "Easter basket" - consisting of books and some fruit bars. Madalyn loved the books - especially the book called "Where's my belly button?" She's obsessed with bellies and belly buttons so my mom hit the nail on the head when she got this book!

Mark and I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter this year! We sure did! We are so blessed to have a great family to spend it with and even more blessed to know Jesus, our Lord and Savior, who died for us and rose again!!! Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mady is adorable in her Easter outfit! If she's still obsessing about belly buttons, don't make the mistake my friend did with her niece...she joked about checking for belly button lint. Her niece took it seriously and checked peoples' belly buttons for lint for many months to come and even moved on to checking toes too!