Monday, March 24, 2008

Down goes the DVD

Jenn started her new Photoshop class tonight. Mads and I were just hanging out around the house, so I decided to take her to the library. We had fun reading books, playing on the bean bags, chasing the other kids around and playing with Lego's.

Since she goes down at 7 pm, I wanted to check out a movie to watch after I got home. We looked around and finally found the new Die Hard movie with Bruce Willis. It wasn't rated R, so I thought it was a nice find. I gave it to Mady to hold on to...she likes to feel needed. Anyways, I wanted to check on a book on the second floor, so I pushed her stroller over to the elevator and pushed up. The elevator opened, and we went in, and right as we passed over the threshold, Mady dropped the movie...it bounced once, and fell straight through the opening for the elevator door...down into the shaft. We both looked at each other and giggled. What's the likely hood of doing that if you wanted to?

I caroused a security guard (if a library can have a "security guard" with no gun), and I told him our quandry. He told me he doesn't have access to the elevator shaft (hmpf, some security guard you are...what if a man with a gun was in there...what would you do then?). He asked me if I had already checked it out. I said "no" and then I realized that would have been a really bad situation. (scenario: "You owe $78 over due fees on a new movie you checked out last year." Me: "No, you don't understand...I never took it home...it's right over there in the elevator shaft...honestly!) May not go over so well...especially since there's no security guard that can fish it out.

I then asked the nice lady at the counter if there were any other copies of that movie. She said no, and that there were 24 people that had requested the movie in front of me and had it on hold, and that it shouldn't have been put on the rack! HA! Not only did I ruin my evening...I've made 24 other people mad too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious!

anne said...

I'm reading this while giving a geometry test and bitting my cheeks so I don't laugh our loud. As a frequent library go-er and user of the hold requests, I'm glad I didn't sign up for that movie:)

Anonymous said...

Im kind of addicted to reading blogs so I said to my self "hey let me check out the Bettinger Blog!" haha this is too funny I seriously cracked up laughing!