Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to the Gym

Mark and I have been talking a lot lately about him getting a gym pass. With his health issues, exercising is really important. We used to have a pass together at Gold's Gym and we faithfully worked out .. until Mady was born. After she was born, we quit going and canceled our membership. Last year Mark had a pass to another gym in town but didn't really like it. They also closed their doors. During this time, I got into the habit of running and I was running about 4-5 times a week which kept me in good shape.

This past week Mark decided to get a pass to a local gym in town. I was slightly jealous (because I love exercising) but wasn't sure I would use the pass because of my twin pregnancy. I figured I would just continue to use the treadmill in our basement.

The more I got to thinking - the more I really wanted to get a pass. According to my doctor, running is not the best thing for my pregnancy because of the high impact. But, she said that using an elliptical was fine. After talking it over with Mark we decided to sell our treadmill and I got a pass at the gym. The nice thing about selling our treadmill is that it frees up a lot of extra room in our basement. Plus, it was really hard for me to get motivated to exercise in my own house so I barely used it.

So, now I have a gym pass and I'm super excited. I can do the elliptical and if that gets too hard I can just simply walk. But at least I can feel like I'm staying in shape. They also have a room for kids if we pay a small fee a month. This is good if Mark and I want to go together... like we used to before child :)

The one cool thing that I wanted to mention... I was really nervous that I might possibly have pregnancy complications down the road that would restrict exercising (let's hope not thought!). I was nervous that I would have to cancel my gym membership. (I already got a good sign up deal by only paying $18 versus paying the normal $99). I didn't want to have to cancel and then after the babies were born and I was ready to sign up again I would have to pay the start up fee again. Apparently at this particular gym they have a medical option where you can have your doctor send in a note and they will keep you as a member but you won't have to pay the monthly fee for those months that you are unable, medically, to use the gym. Pretty good deal I think!!!

1 comment:

joanna said...

And now, one more reason to be happy about your new gym - you might even get to visit me and Rachel. :) Good seeing you this AM...