Wednesday, November 11, 2009

There's never a dull moment...

Tonight, my friend and a I shopped at our favorite baby / kids sale, One Week Boutique. We look forward to this big sale twice a year and even volunteer by delivering promotional items to daycares so that we can shop early. The public can shop on Friday and we were able to shop today. I can't even explain how awesome this sale is.... everything you could think of for a baby or kiddo is for sale... and usually there are multiples of each item. I usually get birthday and part of Christmas taken care of when I shop. Some of the things I purchased this year: Unopened packages of diapers for the twins at a greatly reduced price, unopened complete dress-up kit including gloves, rings, dress, tiara, necklace and shoes for $5, a princess jewelry box for $1, a unopened power toothbrush with matching dora toothpaste for $2, cans of formula for $0.50, a carseat that goes in our van for Mady's baby.. and the list goes on.... (by the way, she's going to absolutely go nuts when she gets the carseat as she's been hauling her deer around in the van with us wherever we go in her infant carrier). Anyway, I love this sale but back to the point of my story...

My friend and I both sent our kids off to church before we got home. Her dad took her son to church and Mark took our kiddos to church. She had called me on the way and said, "You'll never guess what Dad let "J" out of the house wearing... shorts, a long sleeve t-shirt, and his bright green rain boots!" (Mind you, it's freezing outside!). I giggled until I arrived at church and saw what my daughter was wearing... pants that were too short for her so everytime she sat down or bent over her... well, her dad would say "say no to crack!" ... if you follow me... She also had on flip flops, her hair was a mess, both pockets were inside out and hanging down, and she was wearing her bright blue flowery spring coat!

I stuck my head in her class to joke with Mady's teacher about what she was wearing. She said, "yeah, I knew you didn't dress her because her hair wasn't done up all cute... and everytime she bends over we get a show!" We both got a good laugh out of it! Poor Mads! We love Daddy so much though! I learned later that Mark had fallen asleep on the couch and woke up right before he was supposed to be leaving for church. They were in a hurry to get everyone fed and to the church and not be late so I suppose he has a good excuse..

On another note, Mady said the funniest thing tonight. Mark was in a small fender bender on Monday (not his fault) and he was telling me that his Dad had called and asked about the accident. Here's how the conversation went at our table tonight...
Mark: "He (dad) asked about my accident."
Mady: "Daddy, did you poop your..."
Mom: (cutting off Mady pretty quickly) "no, Mads, we're talking about a different kind of accident."

can you tell what has been talked about in our house lately? And speaking of accidents, Mady is on her 3rd night of wearing "princess panties" to bed in the evening and not having any accidents! She's been wearing a pull up only to bed for about a month now and they are always dry in the morning so this week I decided to get rid of all diapers! I love it that she's not even 3 yet and she's completely potty trained... and she did most of it herself! Praise God that I'm not changing 3 little bottoms.... well, 2 little ones and 1 big one :)

2 comments:

Katie T. said...

Fun stories! I laughed out loud thinking of Mark saying "say no to crack"! Btw, I love those consignment sales - couldn't live without them!

Elizabeth Angelo said...

HA! Hilarious :)

Glad you got some good finds at OWB!