Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One Year Anniversary!

I just celebrated my one year anniversary with Usborne Books and so I thought I would blog about it!

On October 20, 2008, I signed up to be an Usborne Book Consultant and I've loved every minute of it! I initially signed up so that I could simply build Madalyn's home library but the more I got involved with Usborne, the more I just couldn't stop.

My family and I love books. Mark and I have implemented a weekly reading night - usually on Tuesday evenings - where we all (minus the babies) spend the evening with a few good books and no distractions. Mady even looks forward to these evenings. I love promoting literacy in my own home and in the homes of others. I'm extremely passionate about sharing my take on literacy and with Usborne I have the opportunity to do just that with many different people in many different circumstances.

Since starting a year ago, I've had many opportunities with Usborne. I am currently doing fundraisers with two different schools in the area in which 100% return goes to the school and the students! Awesome! I've also done home shows and various booth events! I love it! I get to meet new people and introduce them to some great books!

Our books are 85% educational and non commercialized. We have over 1500 titles in our Usborne catalog. 80% are non-fiction and under $10!!! We also acquired Kane Miller Publishing this summer... Kane Miller books are multicultural stories from all around the world. We have about 100 titles in that line. We are also coming out with a new 12 book series later this month. It's called Conspiracy 365. Usborne has the exclusive rights to this series. There was even a big write-up about it in the magazine, Publishers Weekly. It's supposed to be magnificent!

I love selling books part time. I love that I can promote something that is so important to me... and I can do it whenever I want.

If you are interested in seeing some of the books that we have you can visit, www.ReadingGeneration.com

Thanks to all of you that have supported me in this past year! I love what I'm doing (in my free time) and I love introducing parents and grandparents (and even schools) to great books!!!

Happy Reading!!!

No comments: