Monday, September 20, 2010

First Day of MOPS

I decided to join MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) this year and let me tell you... I'm SO excited! I had seen a post on a message board of another moms group that I was in and I emailed the mom asking her more about MOPS. She gave me all the registration info and I signed up, ready to go! l

Last Monday we had a play date with other MOPS moms at a park in town. It was a nice way to meet some of the other moms, let the kids play, and get some of our questions answered before we actually start. I met some wonderful new moms and even reconnected with a couple of moms that I knew.

This morning was our first meeting and it was great! I had so much fun! There were about 30 moms there. We had a hot breakfast, played some icebreakers, introduced ourselves and broke up into our discussion groups. I love my discussion group and I know that we're going to have so much fun over the next year! What a blessing it is to be around other moms who are going through the same things in life. Just in my discussion group, there are 2 moms with twins and one of those moms even has triplets as well! Thank You Lord for putting these people in my life.

I'm looking forward to the year ahead with activites, speakers, and moms-night-outs! I am looking forward to building new relationships with other moms and my kids building new relationships with other kiddos!

Oh, and my kids did wonderful... even Hannah who tends to go through a little bit of separation anxiety!

No comments: