Tuesday, February 26, 2008

15 month check up!

Well, Madalyn had her 15 month check up today. I was dreading it as I don't like to be by myself when she gets her shots (i cry as much as she does!) but I was also looking forward to seeing how much she weighs. Here are her stats:

Weight: 21lb (she's in the 19th percentile)
Length: 32'' (87th percentile)

Percentiles rank the position of an individual by indicating what percent of the reference population the individual would equal or exceed. So, in weight, Mady weighs the same or more than 19 percent of the reference population. On the other side of that, she weighs less than 79 percent of that same population. She's always been on the lower side of the weight charts but is definitely a tall little girl.

The doctor said she's doing great. He said that cognitively she's very smart (I think she gets that from her daddy!) She was keeping him entertained which was funny. She's such a ham. I asked him about her possibly being in a growth spurt now and he said that because she's a little small in weight that she could always be in a "growth spurt." I asked this because she has been sleeping A LOT lately. Yesterday she took 2 naps. I woke her up from her 2nd at 5:15 and then she went to bed at 7pm. She didn't wake up until 9AM this morning!!!! I told Mark this and his reaction was "Daddy leaves and everyone decides to go on vacation!"

She's also apparently getting her molars which could be part of the reason for all the sleeping. She's had a bit of a runny nose and not been eating well, all of which are teething symptoms also. So, who knows...

She got some vaccines today also. She cried pretty hard during the shots and then the nurse told me that she could pick out a sticker afterwards. We went over to the desk and the nurse started rattling off "here's Big Bird, Dora...." There was no reaction from Mady and she asked me if Mady watched tv and knew any characters. I told her that she doesn't watch tv and that the only character she might know is Elmo because she has a couple of Elmo books. Sure enough the nurse pulled out an Elmo sticker and Mady's eyes lit up and she smiled. She also got a big bird one to take home. She proudly held one in each hand until we got out of the parking lot. It was cute.

No comments: