Thursday, June 25, 2009

Busted!

Yesterday, Madalyn and I decided to take advantage of the hot weather and we had Daddy put up the pool in the backyard. We had fun splashing around and Mady loved it when I pulled her slide over and put it in the pool. She loved sliding down and splashing into the pool!

At one point we were sitting down chatting (girl talk if you will! ha!) and she looked over at my hand. I had written a tiny note to myself in the crease of my hand and she had spotted it. She asked me, "what's that mommy?" I told her that it was a note so that I could remember to do something. She quickly responded by saying, "mommy, we don't write on our hands. We only write on paper!"

Ouch! Guess I should be careful what I do and what I tell her not to do. She sure is a perceptive little thing!!!

As a side note, I had the note on my hand to remind me to blog about something. Here's the story...
At naptime yesterday I went up and layed in bed with her and we read a few stories. She chose to read from a book of Bible stories. For some reason she was fixated on the story of Adam and Eve and we probably read that story about 5 times. After one of the times she asked me why they didn't have any clothes on (in the picture they were covered only with the fig leaves). I began to tell her the story about how God had made them and they weren't ashamed and they didn't have to wear clothes. Then we went on to talk about sin (yep, I talked about it with my 2 year old) and how that affected them and their wardrobe. She asked me what sin is and I tried to explain by telling her it is the bad things that we do. She turned to me, looked straight in my eyes, and said straight faced "like when I went in your bathroom and played with your lipstick?"

BINGO!

(Earlier in the week she had decided to play with my lipstick and the floor!) It's amazing how kids are able to understand and pick up on things. She knew exactly what I was talking about when I was telling her about sin. I think that's a pretty good grasp on it from a 2 year old's understanding!

No comments: