Friday, October 16, 2009

When we do it, we go all out!

All three of us (Mady, Mark and I) had the stomach flu or something just as nasty this past week. A week ago today, Mady spent 4.5 hours vomiting - about every half hour - and woke up the next day with it coming out of the other end. This is the first time she's ever really been sick so it was really hard for me to watch her in that state. We nursed her back to pretty good health on Saturday and then Sunday evening around 5pm it hit me. I went to bed early and heard Mark running for the bathroom about 5 hours later. It was awful... We had chills so bad and we were so weak and achy.. not to mention the obvious thing of stuff coming out both ends. We were miserable! The doctor put Mark on Tamiflu but mine said there was nothing that I could do except rest. A HUGE thanks to one of the couples at our church who took all 3 kids for us on Monday evening so that we could rest. That was a huge help! Having 3 kids to take care of when both you and your husband are sick is the worst!!! We are all fine now and thankfully the twins never got sick at all! I am not looking forward to the rest of the cold/flu season. I'm just praying that my family can avoid all the yuckiness out there and stay healthy!!!

No comments: