Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gettin hit on while watchin hits

Yah, it's a play on words, you'll understand by the time I finish.

I came to Cleveland yesterday on a 2 day business trip. Not a big deal I come here about every month or two.

I got in last night and realized I was pretty hungry so I went to a local sports bar that is known for their wings. (They were able to put on the Cardinals-Brewers game, so it was a good night!)

I was sitting there watching the game and this guy about 4 stools down from me says, "Psst, hey buddy, you watchin that?" I was like, "um, yah." He points to the TV that's in front of him (So You Think You Can Dance) and he says, "You should come watch this, they're absolutely beautiful." (Mind you, this is from the guy drinking a beer with a straw.) I responded, "My wife likes that show, my wife, she's a dancer. She likes that show. I'm sure my wife is watching it. I'll probably keep watching the game. But thanks anyways." I've never used "my wife" more in one 5 second time in my whole life. Evidently he got the picture as he got up and left about 10 minutes later. Poor guy, he was probably just lonely...

On a different note, I decided to drive to Cleveland (and then this afternoon down to Columbus and then back home). It'll be about 1100 miles in two days. They raised my mileage reimbursement at work this month, so I figured I would try it out and see how it goes. Nope. Not worth it. I'll fly from now on like I've always done. It was 463 miles one way...and I didn't stop one time. 6.5 hours. I REALLY had to go potty when I finally got here...and no, it wasn't going #1...and no, I won't tell you my secret...

1 comment:

Musicmaker said...

omygosh - that's TOO funny! Don't know what he saw in you!?!?

btw - I think I know your secret