Friday, July 18, 2008

Go, Go, Go!!!

Those were the words that Madalyn spoke over and over this afternoon.

Mark was headed to Six Flags in Chicago this morning with the college group from our church so Madalyn and I decided to go to my moms house (maw-maw as Mady says). I told her where we were going and she got so excited. But, before we left she had to pack her purse (a new obsession lately - we ALWAYS have to pack her purse and take it with us). Today she decided to put a bracelet in her purse along with a plastic bird (yeah, you read it right!).

We got to my moms house around noon and had lunch. After we finished eating I found my brother ("bubby" as Mady says) and Mady out back in the garage. I knew exactly what they were doing... For Christmas my family bought Mady a 4-wheeler.. yep, that's right.. a REAL, gas powered 4-wheeler. It's a smaller one and it can be adjusted so that it goes about as fast as a crawl but it's definitely a real machine! Mady got to ride it Christmas day for a bit but today was the first day she really got to spend some time on it. She absolutely loved it!!!

Bubby took her most of the time and I even took her once. When I took her, I had problems getting over a small pipe on a little hill in the backyard. I didn't have enough "umph" when I was going up and I got stuck. I hit the gas a little harder than I needed to to get some power and I actually popped a wheely... a small one anyway. I about wet my pants..! My brother found it to be amusing though!

After many circles around the yard with my brother on the little 4 wheeler, my dad pulled out the normal sized one and took her for a ride on that one. She wasn't too sure about it though and when he stopped she definitely wanted down. She ran straight back over to my brother who was sitting on the smaller one and said "please." Apparently she liked that one better.

At one point, she was trying to climb up on the 4 wheeler by herself but couldn't get up. I went to help her but she was reluctant.. My brother went over to sit on it and she bee lined it over to him! It was too cute! She definitely had a good time with my brother!

Here are a few pics from the afternoon:
Riding with "bubby" Riding with Mommy - my face says it all! (click on the picture to see a bigger version) Riding the big dude with "paw-paw"

She definitely had learned the ropes by the end of the day. She knew exactly what cord to pull to start it, she knew what button to push to turn it off and she knew what button to push to make it go. Even though she couldn't make any of them work, she still tired. For a while, every time my brother would put his hand on the throttle she would push his hand away and put her hand there. Apparently she wanted to run the thing by herself!!!
Paw-Paw was looking underneath to see if he could figure out what was rattling. Of course, Madalyn had to help too. I think she actually was the one to fix it in the end... haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh - what fun that looks like!! Perhaps she's feeling the need for speed????