Monday, April 6, 2009

A Steal of a Deal...

Friday I started the day out extremely bad by breaking my eye glasses. I was in a hurry to get out of the house by 8:15, with Mady, as the inspector was coming by to do the home inspection for our buyer. I decided to stick my head over the side of the tub and wash my hair and then realized that I still had my glasses on. I took them off, put them beside me on the ground, and washed my hair. Something told me at that point that I probably shouldn't do that but I thought that I would remember they were lying there.... nope! I ended up stepping on them when I stood up. The ear pieces were badly bent and instead of taking them to the store to have them fixed, I tried to fix them myself. I tried to bend them back and SNAP! the earpiece broke off. My heart sank.

Because I had already purchased my pair of prescription sunglasses this year on our insurance, we weren't able to get another pair of glasses at such a good deal until next January. Mark and I were throwing around ideas of what to do.

Saturday morning we went out to a couple of stores, including Lenscrafters where I got them originally, and no one could do anything for me. They couldn't be soldered because the frames were plastic and no one seemed to have frames small enough to fit my current lenses. So, it was looking like we were going to have to spend $200 to get a new pair of lenses AND frames (and that was average)! Not a fun way to spend money!

We decided to check out Wal-Mart Vision Center on a whim and they had 2 pairs of kids frames that would fit my lenses, a brown pair and a pink pair. I decided on the brown pair and had her write down the name of the frames thinking that they too would be a pretty penny, and I still wanted to shop around a bit. I asked the lady how much they were... and she responded, "Ten Dollars!" What?!?!?!? I'll take them for $10.00! So, she fit my current lenses into my $10 frames and I was out the door! What a deal! That made me happy!!!

2 comments:

Pam King said...

Mark just ordered glasses today and we spent $496 on them. You were truly lucky!

Katie T. said...

You always find the best deals! I'm checking the kid's section next time I need glasses!