Tuesday, December 2, 2008

2 year appointment

This morning was Madalyn's 2 year old well baby appointment. I made Mark go along with me to take her as I hate being there when she gets shots. I put some goldfish crackers in a bag along with a cup of milk for the post-shots crying fiasco. However, to my surprise she did wonderful.

The doctor went through his different tests. I was sure she would get agitated when he checked her ears and when he checked her mouth but nothing. She just sat there on my lap watching his every move. Then it was time for her flu shot. She was sitting on my lap and I was trying to joke around and make things light-hearted. The nurse wiped her leg with the alcohol wipe (which Mady thought was hilarious) and then she stuck the shot in her leg. Mady didn't even flinch. No tears. No crying fit. Nothing. Just a smile and a comment about her new "bue" (blue) band-aid. So, we made a big deal of telling her how proud we were of her and how she did a great job! She's talked about her "owie" every since we got home and has insisted on wearing no pants so that she can show off her "bue" band-aid.

I was very excited that there wasn't a scene in the Dr's office! No more shots for a while and hopefully she'll do just as good next time!!!

By the way, I should have learned my lesson by now to take a least one diaper and some wipes whenever we go anywhere. I didn't think she would actually poop her pants while we were in the waiting room!!! Good thing the nurses have extra diapers! ha!

No comments: