Monday, December 1, 2008

Cookie!

Jenn was gone this afternoon at an Usborne Books show (she's a consultant) so Mady and I hung around the house. I put her down about 12:30. She slept till 2. Woke up with a stinky diaper. I changed her and she slept till a little after 4. She woke up and we watched football and played in the basement.
She started to get a little restless, and she climbed the stairs. About 5 minutes later, I hear this "whack!" that sounded like it came from the kitchen. I waited another 2-3 minutes and I didn't hear any sounds trickling downstairs, which is never a good sign.
I went upstairs to see my daughter sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor, with 1/2 eaten pieces of fudge all around her. (she had pulled the tin off the counter)
I was like "Mady, you don't eat fudge!" And her response was to yell "COOKIE" back at me. "No, it's not a cookie. It's a pound of fudge, and you're going to get sick!"
Well, she didn't get sick, but she did have a tasty snack.

No comments: