Thursday, December 18, 2008

My sad story about sunglasses

A little less than a year ago I decided to take the plunge and buy prescription sunglasses. Ever since the birth of Madalyn, I started to wear my glasses every day instead of my contacts. I guess it's just easier. Anyway, I went to Lenscrafters, picked out a cool pair of Ralph Lauren glasses and purchased them.

Back in October when we were getting ready to go to Indy, I realized that I couldn't find my sunglasses. I just thought they were in another purse of mine (i switch purses frequently) and I didn't worry too much about it. When we got back from Indy I searched and searched and searched... Nothing! I couldn't find them anywhere! Now, Mark has prescription sunglasses and he wears his everywhere - in and outside of buildings. I never wore mine inside. Whenever we would get to where we were going I would switch my sunglasses back out for my normal glasses and put them in the case in the seat of the car... until I came back out to drive away again. So, I was baffled by the fact that I had lost my very expensive prescription sunglasses.

I waited a few weeks for them to turn up - nothing. I called a few places to see if they had, by chance, fallen out of the car or my bag - nothing. Shoot! We went to Texas for Thanksgiving and I was miserable with no sunglasses.

We went tonight out to Lenscrafters to see what a new pair would cost me. I found a really cute pair of Ralph Laurens and took them up to the nice lady. After some figuring here's what she came up with. They would be $217.00 tonight if I purchased them but if I waited until Jan 27th the price would drop to $112! That's a no brainer. Apparently my insurance coverage restarts in January and would allow me another pair of glasses (we can get one per year!). Sweet! I've waited this long I can surely wait another month! The ever better part is that they can order the frames that I had before if I want them. Now I have to decide which ones look better :)

No comments: