Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Sweetest Thing...

is when my little baby girl rolls over as we lay in Mommy's bed and reaches out to grab my thumb and falls asleep holding onto my thumb.

Thursday morning Madalyn was doing fine until about 10:30. She grabbed her bunny, Mrs. Bunns, and walked over to me and said "Night, Night." Anyone that knows Mady knows that she never asks to be put down unless something is wrong. I picked her up and held her for a bit and before I knew it she was sound asleep. I let her sleep for about 5 minutes before I tried to wake her up. I wanted her to have lunch before her real nap. I tried everything and she wouldn't wake up at all. I eventually sat her up on my knee - she asked for her bunny, put her thumb in her mouth, and fell over forward sound asleep. I made her some lunch and got her to wake up but she wouldn't eat a thing. I finally put her down for her nap.

About 2 hours into her nap she woke up yelling "mommy, pee pee." I went in and realized that she had peed through her diaper and her clothes and her bed were wet (this same thing happened first thing this morning so this was clothes change #2). I got her changed and realized that she was burning up. It was 2pm at this point. I held her until 7pm that night. She was just sitting on my lap drifting in and out of sleep all day. She had a blank stare to which so I definitely knew she wasn't feeling well. At one point I heard her stomach rumble and the next thing I know I'm getting puked one. We ran to the bathroom and she finished the job in the toilet (this caused change of clothes #3!) Poor thing - i felt so bad for her.

I let her sleep in my bed for the evening as Daddy was out of town for work. I layed her down and reminded her that "mommy is right next to you if you need anything. Just let me know." This is when she rolled over, grabbed my hand, and fell asleep. It was absolutely one of the sweetest things I've ever experienced. There's something about my little girl letting me know that she trusts me and loves me. I can't even explain it with words. I'll never forget that moment!

When we woke up the next morning her fever was gone and she was acting normal and asking for food. It just must have been a weird 24 hour flu bug. Praise God I'm not sick and she's feeling better. It could have been so much worse!

No comments: