Saturday, March 14, 2009

Menards, Daddy...Menards!

So Jenn left yesterday morning about 6:30 am to go to the "Hearts at Home Conference" in Bloomington. It's the National conference, and it happens to be held at our alma mater, ISU, only an hour away. Jenn has been looking forward to this weekend for quite some time now.

Jenn took off with her girlfriend, Nicole and I looked at Mady and she looked at me and I said, "come on Mads, let's go get pancakes." Her response was, "with sausage?" "Yes, Mads, pancakes and sausage." She is indeed my daughter.

After breakfast w/ all the guys, we came back home. I moved my office to the dining room table and let her watch cartoons for 3 hours. Sorry, I know, it's not healthy, but I had a ton of work to do. After lunch, she took a 3 hour nap. Right before I laid her down, I asked her, "do you want to play with playdoh when you get up, or go to Menards?" She squealed back, "Menards Daddy, Menards! Menards, now! Daddy!" "After your nap, Baby."

She woke up and her first words were, "Menards now, Daddy?" Off we went...

I found oil on sale for $1.68 a quart, so I bought a case. We saw Adam and Lindy and hung out w/ them for awhile. I also found out that Mady fits in the little hand held baskets at Menards, so she hung out in there. I pushed her around on the big flat bed cart while she was in the basket. We bought M&Ms and ate them while we walked around.

We headed home and ate dinner while watching the Illini beat Michigan. After that, we went over to the church. They were having the annual pine car derby. Next year we'll make one. Mady had a great time running around with the tons of kids that were there. Home and in bed by 9:00. She slept in till 8:00 this morning. Hurry home, Mommy....we miss you!!!

No comments: