Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birds Eat Poop!

Yep, you read it right. I'm ashamed to say that the above phrase is what Madalyn said when we went to pick up Daddy tonight. Let me back up...

Mark's car has been having some issues and he took it this afternoon to the garage so that it could be fixed. He asked me to pick him up this afternoon as he wouldn't have a car. Madalyn, Olivia (she comes to our house on Tuesday afternoons), and I jumped into the car and headed over to the garage. As we sat in the parking lot waiting on Mark to arrive, Mady was watching 3 huge black crows that were sitting on the edge of the road. She was asking questions as usual like "that?", "hurt me?" , and "Doing mommy." (what's that, will they hurt me, and what are they doing?)

Olivia was telling her what kind of birds that they were and explaining that they won't hurt her because they are scared of her. Somehow I ended up telling Mady that birds don't do much besides eat and go poopy. Yep, classy, I know. I need to start being more careful. Anyway, we didn't talk any more about that particular subject.

Mark then arrived, dropped his car off, and came over to the truck. He had not even closed the door on the truck after he got in when Mady proudly exclaimed from the backseat "Birds eat poop, Daddy!"

Yeah, needless to say I got in trouble. ha. I do have to admit that it was pretty funny though!

No comments: