Saturday, March 21, 2009

Walmart!

The night before last, Mady and I were singing songs in the living room before bed. She somehow got on the kick of wanting to do the "church" song, as she calls it. You may remember it from your childhood...

This is the church, this is the steeple, open the door, see all the people. This is the church, this is the steeple, open the door, where's all the people?

We do the hand movements while we're singing it and she loves it. My mom actually taught the song to her a few months ago and every time she would say the last line "Where's all the people?", Mady would say "bye-bye." It was super cute how she said it and so, of course, we would laugh at her every time and it became the new thing.

When we were singing the other night, we sang through the first verse and then got to the end where I was expecting her to say "bye-bye." But, that's not what came out of her mouth. Out of no where she proudly exclaimed "WAL-MART!" and then proceeded with a ton of giggles. I have no idea where this came from but apparently all of the people went to Wal-mart instead of church?! It was quite comical. What a character...!

I think this just goes to show that we are entering the phase I've only heard about where toddlers say anything and everything, and dull moments are no more! I am loving it!

No comments: