Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pure Joy

I had a extremely blessed Thursday last week. I started my day by dropping the kiddos off at First Christian for PMO - a time where moms can drop their kids off for class while the moms go and have some much needed time to do mommy stuff. It wasn't my week to volunteer so I had a free morning. I decided to bring my computer and some adoption paperwork with me, and I found a corner of the church cafe to set up office.

I opened my email and found a friend request of someone who I didn't know. I had just, the night before, posted in the adoption group page on facebook that we had just started the adoption process and how excited I was to be part of the group. I had been watching the posts come across daily and had been very encouraged at the amount of help it had been - hearing stories and questions/answers from those who are adopting / have adopted from the same country as us. Anyway, I noticed that this particular person was a member of that group so I accepted her friend request. I was just getting ready to close my computer when an instant message came across from her.

It said something to the effect of "I peeked in your photo album and saw my friend's little boy in you Ghana photo. So I'm assuming you spend some time at . Our little girl is there too"

WHAT?!  My heart started racing.  I started shaking.  If I wasn't so concerned with what I might have looked like, I probably would've started jumping up and down and screaming!  (yes, I was really that excited).  I about fell off my chair. Forget what I had on my schedule. Forget what things need to be done. How cool was this! I sat and "chatted" with her for probably another 45 minutes. Then I called Mark with my high-pitched-crazy-excited-voice telling him what just happened!

She, in fact, pointed our her friend's little man in our Ghana photo. I sent more photos that we had of the children trying to see if we could find her daughter. It was an amazing conversation. Simply to know that the children we were spending time with just a few short months ago are now being brought home to their forever families is amazing. I know God had orchestrated the whole conversation to show me that He was in control and that He was taking care of everything.

You see, for months I have thought about that orphanage. Thought about those children. I've looked at their photos over and over again.  I have prayed for them.  I have prayed for the orphanage.  I have a few of their faces forever etched in my mind. When we were there, we got the impression by some of the volunteers that children there weren't being adopted. It made me sad. I wanted to do something. I've been talking to Mark about how we can help support that orphanage - trying to think of some ways to help those children. And then... BAM! I get that message that those sweet and beautiful children ARE being adopted and loved on and cared for! It was a sweet moment for me. My heart was full of joy. My excitement was overflowing.

A few days ago, I got in contact with the mother that has adopted this sweet little boy that was in our photo. He is now home with his forever family in the States and doing extremely well. To see him in photos and read updates about his adjustment simply brings joy to my heart. Mark held this particular little man most of the time we were at the orphanage, so to know that he has a home now and a family that loves his so much is amazing to me. I just can't get over how much of a blessing it was to be able to connect with these two wonderful women. I don't know either of them personally but I feel connected to them in a way. I'm excited to see what God has in store for the future!

No comments: