Monday, January 21, 2008

The first day of adventure with Daddy being gone!

This morning Mark took off for Chicago for a research study that he's going to be doing. He'll be gone 7 days!! I woke up at 5:15am to help him get loaded and off. I then went back to sleep and woke up at 8:15. I didn't hear Madalyn - usually she's up at 7:30. I went in to check on her as I was a little worried and found out that we had a big problem... She had thrown up 2 times and her diaper had also leaked... big time! She was soaked! She immediately was transferred to the sink for a bath!

After she got cleaned up I tried to give her breakfast, which she mostly refused. She only ate maybe 10 bites of oatmeal and she only had about 2 oz of milk. By 9:30 she was ready for bed again so I put her down for a nap and she immediately fell asleep. I had to wake her up again at 12:30pm. Her forehead was extremely warm and she was very "out of it." I took her temp (under arm) and it read 101.6. Considering you're supposed to add a degree when you do it under the arm, I got a little worried and I called a friend of mine who is a nurse. She recommended that I call the dr. just to see what he thought. I put a call into the nurse...

Meanwhile, Mady wasn't interested in eating any solid food for lunch and only took about 2 oz of milk and maybe a half of a cup of water. She was a little whiney and just wanted to be held. She also was very tired and ended up laying back down again at 1:45pm.

The nurse said to just let her body continue to fight off whatever is happening and if I had any further problems to call her back. She said to not worry about solid food and keep her drinking fluids. She woke up from her nap at 3:15 and was awake until bedtime (7:00). She was acting better but still had moments where she wanted to be held and where she was pretty whiney. She wouldn't eat dinner but would drink milk. We sat many minutes today in the chair together rocking and reading books. I just hate it when my little one isn't feeling well. As a mom, I want to do everything I can to help her feel better. All I could do today was pray :)

I went to lay her down and I was praying for her (as Daddy does when he puts her to bed). After our prayer, I sang "I love you, Lord" (which I used to sing to her a lot when she was a newborn - during those middle of the night feedings.) By about the 2nd time through that song I looked down and she was sound asleep in my arms. It melted my heart to be holding a beautiful baby girl. I was overwhelmed with thankfulness! I am blessed to have such a wonderful husband and such a beautiful baby girl!

Back to the craziness - Daddy called to tell her goodnight but she was already asleep. I ended up going up to check on her and when I did I found that she had thrown up again. So, I got her up and let her play with my cell phone (after we called Daddy) while I changed the sheets! That's 2 times in 1 day! I took out all of her animals, books, and blankets that were in her crib so if this happens again during the night, I won't have to watch anything besides the sheet... AGAIN!

I'm praying for my little one to get better.... Bless her little heart!

No comments: