Sunday, January 6, 2008

Jenn says "Bye Bye Zune!"

So, as many of you know I can often be found searching through the website -Craigslist.com- looking for deals. It's alot like Ebay except that you can pick what city you would like to search for postings. I always look through the Champaign-Urbana postings so that it's all local and I don't have to deal with shipping costs.

After Christmas I found a 30GB Pink Zune MP3 Player on there for $100.00. I thought this was a good deal as I found them online for $200+. We made a trip to Rantoul to pick it up and I was so happy. It had never been used - still had the protective covering over the screen to prevent scratches from appearing. I do have an MP3 player already but it's only a 2GB. So I mostly wanted this for the size (30GB) and because it played video and stored pictures. It just seemed really cool (Plus! it was PINK!!!! - I'm obsessed with Pink). (the one I bought was the one on the far left!)
I brought it home and started to charge it. That's when I ran into all kinds of problems. I hated the software program that it came with - plus, it had no detailed instruction book (which I love). The program was hard to navigate and at some points it would just lock up and I couldn't get it to work. Also I was having trouble getting the Zune to recognize music that I had already downloaded from other websites. Ugh. This was no good as I have a TON of music that I've gotten off of other sites. I started to research online about this particular MP3 Player and started coming across all kinds of negative feedback about them. I was beginning to think this way also. Too much work to figure out. I just wanted something I could drag my music on and it would play (my current player, although small, was easy to load music on).

After a couple of days of debating I decided to list it on Ebay. I didn't want to waste any more hours trying to figure it out. I started the auction at $109.00 with $8.98 shipping and handling. I had seen a couple of them going for $180.00 so I was curious as to what would happen. Last night when we went to bed it was at $150.00. This morning when we got home from church the auction was at $168.25. It had 15 minutes left. Mark and I kept refreshing the page and at 15 seconds till the end of the auction, the price went up to $173.39!!! That's not too bad - a $73.39 profit!

I am using my current MP3 player now and am happy with it. I may try and IPod and I may not - haven't put too much thought into it. I do like my current player as it is small in size so I can stick it in my pocket while running. The Zune was pretty big and bulky!

No comments: