Thursday, January 10, 2008

My New Toy!!!


This is my new toy! A Toshiba Satellite laptop. I finally got one that I love!

Here's the story behind this....

I had been saving up money for a while to purchase my own laptop. Mark has his laptop from work that I use but when he goes out on the road he takes it with him so I then reverted back to using my desktop. I just wanted to have something more portable as I'm not downstairs a lot during the day (where our desktop was). After Christmas I had enough money to start browsing for one I liked. I looked on Craigslist (a great site!) first and found a couple of them about 30 minutes from here. They were brand new and in my price range. Then Mark and I looked on Ebay for a bit! We ended up bidding on a used Dell. It was only 9 months old and it looked really good. We ended up winning the Dell. After a week and a half, it finally arrived and I had a bad feeling as I was opening it. It was a little scratched on the outside but that didn't bother me as much as what I found on the screen -- a few gouges, a scratch, and in the corner it looked like the screen was going out. I was not happy and so I send it back to the guy yesterday. I got back online last night and looked at the ones that I had previously looked at on Craigslist. I contacted the lady and I met her in town this afternoon to pick up my new laptop. I love it!

**if you're looking for a good, well priced laptop, I can send you the contact information for the lady I bought mine from. I would highly recommend her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I want to know is if Mark gave you his money which he was saving for a tom tom to help you get the computer. I would do this for Tracy.....