Saturday, December 1, 2007

Madalyn's First Encounter with Santa

Today I took Mady to Mattoon so that we could meet my cousin and her boys for pictures. We are having them taken for my grandma so she could have a picture of all of her great grandchildren together. It turned out cute. Anyway, my cousin had told me that down in the Home & Garden part of Wal-Mart they were doing free pictures with Santa. Now, that being said, I thought we would do great considering Madalyn has an obsession of sorts with Santa. Anytime we're in the store and she sees a blow up Santa or she sees something with Santa, she points and starts babbling and smiling. When we're at the mall and we walk past Santa, she laughs and even waves sometimes. So I assumed that she'd like the real one too... Not so much. My mom took her up to Santa - who by the way was the most unfriendly Santa I had ever met - but she started crying and turning away. So I tried but that didn't work either. Eventually I ended up sitting next to Santa with Mady on my lap. She held her new hair barrettes and I held her. It was a pretty neat picture though - Santa's "chair" was made out of a sculpture of 12 packs of Coke. They printed the picture out right there and the best part was that it was FREE! I'll upload the picture as soon as I scan it in! It was a funny experience!!!

No comments: